The SCCC Respiratory Therapy program 200331 is accredited by the commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). CoARC accredits respiratory therapy education programs in the United States. To achieve this end, it utilizes an 'outcomes based' process. Programmatic outcomes are performance indicators that reflect the extent to which the educational goals of the program are achieved and by which program effectiveness is documented.
The most recent re-accreditation process of the SCCC Respiratory Therapy program was in March of 2020 and the site reviewers listed the following as the strengths of the program:
- Recently appointed program key personnel have already made significant strides in program improvement.
- Administration very supportive of the program as evidenced by continuation of the program while student numbers were very low.
- Advisory Board very involved and supportive of the program. Many are program graduates and highly likely to hire Seward County graduates. They spoke highly of the Seward County students when comparing to other programs.
- Medical Director very supportive of the program and willing to consider ways to increase his participation.
- Excellent clinical site opportunities for the students.
- The new Allied Health building offers excellent lecture, lab, and simulation space.
- The collaboration with other community colleges in the distance program strengthens SCCC and the communities by meeting the needs of the hospitals.
264 Precision Blvd.
Telford, TN 37690